Whirling Dervishes Ceramony at Underground Cave
|Tour Type||Regular Tour|
|Duration||16:30pm To 15:30pm & 18:00pm To 19:00pm|
|PRICE (Per person)||EUR 20|
- The Mevlevi Order is mainly accepted to be the mystical dimension of Islam, sufism is defined as a means by which a person makes his personality free from bad habits, cleanses his souland attains maturity with his love for God. Sufism is a lifestyle; it is a different attitude to life.
- In the Islamic world, there are many orders known, The most known all around the world is the Mevlevi Order and it was established by Mevlana Celaleddin-i Rumi in 13th. century. The Mevlevi Order is an institution founded totally on the base of love and tolerance.
- The Mevlevi Order continued its existence as the most institutionalized order during the time of the Ottoman Empire until 1923 when the Atatürk (Founder of Turkish Republic) closed up all orders and hermitages. Today, the Mevlevi Order Culture and the Mevlevi Sema Ceramony, the most significant ritual of this culture, are regarded as a cultural heritage and taught for the purpose of transferring to next generation by universities, foundations and associations and continue their existence by means of various activities.
- In 2005, the Mevlevi Sema Ceramony was proclaimed as a part of the Masterpieces of the Oral and Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO. It is one of the most important richness of the Turkish Culture as a tradition of 800 years.
- SEMA is; in the universe everything, from atoms to the solar system and to the blood which circulates in the body, revolves. Sema is aritual, a spritual journey which the soul makes to God as it becomes mature and attains unity. After this jouney, it returns to its life and to serve humankind again.
It is performing twice each day in a Underground Caves by real dervishes. 45 minutes before ceramony we collect you from your hotel then drive to Culture Centre, upon arrive in Underground Caves we give you brief information about performance and start watching 1 hour sipritual ceramony. After ceramony we offer you ”Sherbet” wich is a special drinks of Whirling Dervishes made of honey, spices, hot water…
At the end of ceramony we drive you back to your hotel.
First Performance : Start at 16:30pm. We collect you at 15:45pm from your hotel and and at 18:15pm back to hotel.
Second Performance: Start at 18:00pm. We collect you at 17:15pm from your hotel and and at 19:45pm back to hotel.
- Private Trnasportation
- SERBET (Traditional Dervish Drink)
- BALLOON FLIGHTS
- PRIVATE CAPPADOCIA TOURS
- COMFORT CAPPADOCIA TOURS
- CLASSIC CAPPADOCIA TOURS
- PACKAGE DEALS
- WALKING TOURS
- ACTIVITIES IN CAPPADOCIA
- TOURS FROM CAPPADOCIA
- AIRPORT TRANSFERS